Help celebrate the growth of the public interest design movement with a triple launch party to build community inside and outside the design professions. This is no mere toy car launched into space, this is:
- The launch of the DJDS Concept Development Fund, which will seed the development of buildings that address the root causes of mass incarceration and support low income communities of color.
- Open Architecture Collaborative’s Pathways to Equity program, which will train young designers on a path to equitable community engaged design practice. We will announce that the national pilot will take place in the Bay Area.
- ADPSR’s social media membership model, which is bringing outreach and advocacy to architects, designers, and planners around the world
- SFNOMA will reveal its Triple-E 2018 Policy that wraps its arms around the Whitney M Young and Max Bond legacies. Whitney called for Architects to address the needs of the least and Max responded with the successful Architects Renewal Committee of Harlem. We continue to build on strong foundation. SFNOMA is Education and Expertise Embedded into holistic community planning and environment design.
Join the members and leaders of these outstanding organizations to share our successes, be honest about our failures, and open with challenges as we continue to transform our profession into one that stewards equity in the built environment.
- Learn about amazing projects and programs
- Meet other socially-committed designers
- Share your ideas
- Light refreshments and drinks will be provided